Friday, December 19, 2008

Getting Started

Well, we're pretty new at this and still learning. We thought this would be a great way to update everyone about what is going on in the life of the Reynolds family. We'll start off with Nathan. He is still working for Cerner and is neither liking nor disliking it at this time. His team just moved locations so he has a new desk which is closer to a window. Work is going well and they've been keeping him pretty busy. He is loving being a dad. The first thing he does when coming home from work is come in and find Gideon. He is a great dad and I know those two are going to have a lot of fun and create a lot of trouble once Gideon starts understanding how his body works. Speaking of Gideon; he is growing so fast. I can't believe he will be 8 weeks this Saturday. He changes so much just overnight. He is really starting to look like a little boy and not so much like a baby. Every week he and I go to have him weighed. This past Tuesday he had gained 15 oz. (babies his age typically gain 4-8 oz per week) in one week. That puts him at a grand total of 13 lbs. 3.5 oz. I'm glad he's such a healthy boy but I definitely need to start gaining a few more muscles. Gideon is also starting to coo and make some funny noises. He has been smiling at us for a few weeks now and is really starting to follow our every move. It's fun to watch all these little changes going on. He's getting better at night also. We're loving out 4-5 hours of straight sleep. Now we just need the dirty diapers to slow down. :)
I am doing well. I had my gallbladder out about 2 weeks ago and I'm feeling great. This brings my total of surgeries this year up to 3. I'm hoping I got all the surgeries out of my system this year and that I'll be home free from here on out. I spend my days feeding, changing diapers and getting Gideon to smile and make funny sounds. It's a very fulfilling day. In my spare time I try to get a few things done around the house. I recently bought a ring sling and that has really helped free up my hands during the day. Gideon likes to sleep as I do laundry and vacuum. I also like that I get to be so close to him all day. We try to plan little outings but it's just been too darn cold.
We're all getting ready for Christmas. We'll be staying here in Kansas City this year. It's Gideon's first Christmas and we wanted to spend it together here. Plus an 8 hour trip with a 2 month old just didn't sound that appealing. Gideon likes the lights on the tree and the Christmas music I play during the day. We'll be sure to take plenty of pictures to share while he, with our help, opens he first Christmas presents.

6 comments:

SAL said...

Sounds like things are going very well for you and the family! I am so happy for you all! I look forward to seeing fun pictures of your growing boy and family! Merry Christmas! And Happy blogging :)

The Horn Family said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. You're going to love it here. We use it as our family journal/scrapbook. You can even have it made into a book if you want. Anyways, I just wanted to welcome you. Your little guy is so cute. Have a safe Christmas,
Tashina

Joe, D.D.S. said...

Well good for you to start blogging. And congrats on the baby. Merry Christmas and Hark the Herald. Check out our blog.

Diana said...

Thank you for taking time to do this, Melissa. I love hearing about Gideon! I can't wait to see and hold him again, although Adam says he'll be fighting me for "Gideon time!" Shane loves Gideon so much that he says he isn't upset that Kayla is getting married now, because that means he'll get more nephews and nieces!

Amy said...

Melissa! It is good to see you on here. I look forward to keeping up with you and your family on here and hope we can see you when it is warmer and you all are out and about! :-)

amy

Mom of four said...

I found your blog through Facebook. Lovin' it!! I love ring slings. Love hearing about newborns. See ya!!