Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Well, it's Christmas Eve and I don't really have too much to update. We received some snow last night so it looks like we'll be having a white Christmas. Unless we get a sudden heat wave, which really wouldn't upset me too much. I don't like the cold much. Nathan is off work today and we're having some nice family time. Gideon has been talking quite a bit today and we've been trying to get it on camera. He'll coo and laugh a ton right up until we get the video camera going and then he'll just look at it. I think babies have an internal mechanism that tells them when their parents are trying to show them off and then they just stop. I kept telling Nathan we look like idiots on the camera cooing and trying to get him to laugh as he just looks at us like we're stupid. Great memories. I promise, though, that he is starting his baby talk and has some wonderful smiles throughout the day. I love that he's recognizing us. There is nothing better than getting him up in the morning and having him smile first thing.Nathan and I are excited for Gideon's first Christmas. He likes looking at the lights on the tree but unfortunately he won't be unwrapping his own gifts. I'm sure Nathan will be more than happy to help him since he's been asking for about a week if we can open presents. Silly guy.Oh, I also took Gideon to get weighed yesterday. He is now up to 14lbs .6oz. He's slowing down since he only gained 10 oz. this week. The lactation consultant told the group that babies should typically double their birth weight by 6 months. Gideon wieghed 7 1/2 lbs when he was born and is now 8 1/2 weeks. I'm afraid to see what he'll weigh at 6 months. He's definitely outgrowing some clothes that I thought he would still be in at this age. There is a couple in our ward here that has a 4 month out that weighs about the same as Gideon or maybe even a little less. We tried to measure him this morning and he was about 23" long. I can't believe how fast he's growing. We'll probably be posting new pictures after Christmas. He has a cute "First Christmas" outfit from Grandma Theresa that he looks so cute in. Hopefully he won't grow too much overnight and outgrow it.

No comments: