Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas

We had a very nice Christmas here in Kansas City. It was our first Christmas with Gideon and we were really excited to spend it together as a family. Gideon gave us his first present by letting us sleep in until about 8:00 am. Sadly that is our sleeping in nowadays. We all got up and got our stocking first; Nathan started eating chocolate very quickly. We then taped Gideon opening his presents, with our help of course. He got diapers and wipes from both sets of Grandparents, some socks and clothes from his great-grandma and some movies and clothes from mommy and daddy. He didn't really seem that interested since he fell asleep soon after but we think he had a very nice first Christmas.

Nathan and I got lots of nice presents also. We got some new games, towels, books, movies and other goodies that we really enjoy. Nathan was really excited to open his presents.

My favorite present I think would have to be the sling I got from my mom. Gideon loves it and it really helps him calm down and he really likes taking naps in it during the day. Plus, it's great while shopping because I actually have hands and a cart to put things in. We use it a lot during church also.

We were pretty lazy the first part of the day. Aroubd 2:00 we headed out to have dinner with some friends. We had a great ham dinner and had a lot of fun talking with them. They have a 4 month old little boy that's about the same size as Gideon. It was a lot of fun seeing the differences between them. Oh, and just to keep you updated, Gideon weighed a whopping 14 lbs, 11 oz. this week. 5 more and he will have doubled his birth weight. I guess we'll be reaching that by 10 weeks. Nathan and I tried to measure him and he was right around 24". What a big boy. He is already wearing 3-6 month clothes. He is starting to have great neck control and loves looking around at everything. He smiles and coos and likes to "talk" with us a lot. He is sleeping better during the night and we usually get about a 4-5 hour stretch of sleep. I was just starting to think I would be tired for the rest of my life. He is growing so fast and becoming such a big boy that I feel like I can't keep up. Every day he does something new and keeps surprising us. Here is a picture of him sitting up, with assistance, of course.

1 comment:

Mom of four said...

Pretty sling!! Did your mom make it? Gideon looks so snuggly in there. He's a big boy, isn't he. Hey, I still feel tired most of the time, and my youngests are two!! Thanks for sharing about your Christmas. It's a joy to hear (read?)!!