Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pictures

Here are a few belly pictures that Natalie took for me while she was here this past weekend. I'm 37 weeks here.

 
Not quite sure what I was looking at. Probably Gideon doing something silly.

He likes being in pictures, too.

Our little stud. He loves wearing his glasses.

This is what Gideon does when we tell him to smile. I don't know where he got it but I love it. Usually he shows his teeth but I think he had food in his mouth here. He is such a nut.

We had a lot of fun with Natalie over the 4th of July weekend. Thanks for coming out, Nat. Gideon loved showing you everything and having you read to him. He even tried to find you Tuesday morning and was so upset when he opened the door and you weren't there. You'll have to come back out and play with us soon.

We're also excited that we'll be seeing our newest addition soon. We only have about 9 days left and the time is just flying by. I've been a little uncomfortable but nothing to really complain about. Everything has been great with this pregnancy and it's been nice not having to do NST's and worry about my blood pressure like with Gideon. It's hard to believe that by this stage in his pregnancy he was here. I'm curious to see how close she is to his size. Gideon was 7.8 lbs and 19 3/4" when he was born at 37 1/2 weeks. This little one is getting an additional week and a half to outgrow him. I wouldn't mind her staying smaller for longer than he did. He outgrew his clothes so fast and got so heavy. I am a little nervous about the C-section but my Dr. has been great at answering all my questions and putting me at ease. Now I'll just have to worry about the 6 weeks postpartum when I can't lift more than 10 lbs. Gideon is not going to like that at all. He loves having Mommy cuddle him and put him to bed. I'll miss doing that for a while. I'm grateful for family and good friends who have offered to be there to help where they can. So until July 16th I'll just be cleaning my house over and over and finding silly jobs that need to be done. It's funny how crazy your brain gets at the end of pregnancy. I have so many lists of things that I think need to be done before I go to the hospital and I'm sure none of them are really that important. Do the windows really need to be clean before I have this little one? Probably not! But I'm sure they will be.  :)

2 comments:

Anaise said...

How exciting to be so close!!!!!

She'll be so beautiful--don't worry--everything is going to be great. :)

Jen said...

Can't wait for her to get here so I can hold a new tiny one. My guess is 8lb 3 oz and 20". I love the picture of Gideon hugging you- it's like he's hugging his sister.