Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What?!? Another post already?

Yes, I know this is a rare treat. Two posts within a matter of days but we've actually have things going on. I know, I can't believe it either. Usually I'm just home sitting on the couch, playing with Gideon and thinking about cleaning up. Sometimes the cleaning actually happens.

Saturday was a crazy day for us. Both of our cars needed oil changes so we decided to drop off my car first and go back later that day to pick it up. We got up early, took our $15 oil change coupon and came home to relax and wait for the car. Well, let's just say it ended up being a little more than $15. We found out I needed new tires. Ouch. So our cheap oil change turning into a big chunk of cash fix up. At least I now have safe tires. I guess the threads were even showing through on the back tires. Whoops, didn't even know it. At least Nathan's car turned out to only be $15. I was nervous they were going to tell us he needed something major, too.

On to baby news. I had a Dr. appt. today and the baby sounds great. Her heartbeat is really strong and she even kicked the doppler thing. She doesn't like when things are on my stomach, just like Gideon. Poor Gideon is the one who gets all the abuse from her right now. He likes to cuddle with me and she lets him know she does not appreciate his 28 lbs laying on her. I guess I'm getting some of the abuse, too. The Dr. did find that I have a bladder infection and gave me some antibiotics for that. They try to stop it early since that can lead to a UTI and that can cause preterm labor. We're only about 26 weeks so I think we'll wait on the labor. I've also had some pain in my right leg from my knee to my thigh so I was sent to have a sonogram on my leg to make sure there were no clots. Luckily nothing was found and Gideon enjoyed watching the monitor and hearing the sounds of them squeezing my leg to hear the blood flow.

We were also able to schedule the C-section. We scheduled to meet our little girl on July 16. We have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM. Sounds early, right? IT IS!! The surgery will be at 7:30. It's weird to think that we know the exact day and time we'll be having our little girl. I don't know that Gideon will even be up yet. Good thing Grandma D will be coming in to stay with him and Nathan those few days I'm in the hospital. I asked Nathan the other day what he was going to make for dinner those nights I was gone and he said whatever his mom made. Good to see he has everything covered. I hope Grandma Diana realizes she'll be taking care of 2 boys. :)

Well, that pretty much catches you up for now. I'm down to seeing the Dr. every 2 weeks now. Yea!!! 3 months to go and counting.

1 comment:

The Horn Family said...

I get 2 massages each pregnancy. One in the middle of the pregnancy and one at the end. You should totally do it. I think as a mom we don't do enough for ourselves and always put everyone else ahead of us. Go for it!