Monday, August 10, 2009

Some new pics

I don't have a ton of time to write but we wanted to let everyone know that we're alive and well. Gideon has been keeping us pretty busy. He's finally getting some teeth in and, of course, he has to do that his own way, also. His 2 front bottom ones are just about through and so are his 2 top eye teeth. Yes, we have a little vampire. Or hillbilly, whichever you like to think. The worst of the nights were just passing when he decided to get croup again. It's never fun to be woken up in the middle of the night with your baby sounding like a seal. He's just about over it but I think now he has a cold. Poor little guy just can't catch a break. The silver lining of sickness is that he wants to be cuddly.

Gideon has also discovered how to turn on and off the TV. This gets really annoying when we're trying to watch a show and all the sudden you see a little head appear in front of the TV and then the TV goes off. He turns off and on the light switches, too. He crawls right over all his toys to get to the things he likes to play with most. That being...anything else.
I thought I would go ahead and post a few pics of what he's been doing over the last month or so.


This is what Gideon does while I'm cooking, doing dishes or anything else in the kitchen. These are "his" 2 drawers and he goes for them first thing when he gets in the kitchen. I'm constantly picking up bottles and lids. Sometimes he'll even reach for the third shelf. As if he didn't have enough to pull out with the bottom two.


This is right before his first little haircut. We only cut his bangs because they were getting too long. I couldn't bring myself to give him a big boy cut yet.

I still almost cried because he looked older. Not the best job, I know, but little boys are very wiggly.


One day I was doing dishes and Gideon was playing with his drawers. When I turned around to put something in the dishwasher I found this. I had no idea he know how to climb up into the machine. Now whenever I do dishes he pulls all the silverware out. He thinks it's hilarious and laughs while he's doing it. Then when they're all out on the floor he looks at me with a big smile like he's so proud of himself. Maybe if I lay all the silverware on the floor he'll put them in the basket. I'll have to try that next time.

He is such a fun kid and is learning new things everyday. He's starting to stand by himself for about 5-10 seconds and will walk while only holding onto one of our hands. I don't think I'm ready for a walker yet but this kid isn't slowing down. He amazes me everyday and we have so much fun. Oh, he's also learned to "dance". Whenever he hears music he shakes his little booty and we have to laugh every time. His favorite it the MASH theme song, don't ask me why. I'll try to get a video of it on here soon.



3 comments:

Jen said...

He is such a busy boy! He just wants to keep you young by getting into everything. He does look older after his hair cut. And you did a good job on his bangs, I think he would say thank you since they were getting so long. I can't believe how long it was, crazy! What would life be without that sweet little Gideon!

Ben and Ashlee said...

how fun! He is getting so big! I love his haircut! He looks so mature and sophisticated! :-) We need to get together again sometime soon!

Nisha said...

He's so cute! Sophie did the same thing - climbing on the dishwasher. They want to be in whatever we are in. So, as soon as he's 18 months and into that sorting stage, put him in charge of putting silverware away!!