Saturday, May 23, 2009

A few updates

Well, Gideon is really starting to pull himself up on things. If we sit him down he's looking for something to grab a hold of and pull himself up. What a silly boy. I love watching those changes and am excited that he's starting to discover so many things. He's also loving his food and can't get enough. It's fun to watch him concentrate so hard on picking up some finger food and try to get it to his mouth. He knows where it goes but not quite how to get it in there. We've started letting him play with a sippy cup, also. Again, he knows where it goes but doesn't quite grasp the concept of how to get the juice in his mouth. He can drink from it OK when I hold it up for him. He is definitely a mommy's boy right now and cries whenever I leave the room, even if Nathan is holding him. It makes me feel good that he love me so much. Now if he could just need me a little less during the night. He's still waking up a couple of times but not to eat. He just wants me to put the pacifier back in his mouth and he's right back out. Last night I tried just handing it to him to do it himself and that was NOT a good idea. He was so hurt that I would just leave him to fend for himself. He gave me a look like, "What kind of mommy/monster do you think you are?" Maybe we'll work on that during the day. He is also talking quite a bit. He likes to say, "Ga, ga, ga" and "Bo, bo, bo" and a mixture of other sounds I can't even begin to figure out how to spell. He's a big boy with lots to say.

We're excited to see our family in just a few days. We're excited to see Kayla get married and to visit Nauvoo. Hopefully Nathan and I can find time to sneak in a session.

So, as I've said before, I'm addicted to blogs. One of my favorites has to be Make it and Love it. I'm on that blog all the time. She has some great tutorials for easy to make projects and giveaways. Right now she has a giveaway from Bloomz and it's the first one I've entered. We'll see what happens but everything was really cute. I know I don't have any little girls right now but you never know, someday I may have one. Even though Nathan says we will have boys only.

1 comment:

The Miranda's said...

That's so fun that Gideon is getting so big! It's so great isnt' it?!?